Art Fundamentals: Grade 7 to 9
An art course stream catering to an age cohort of those attending Grades 7 – 9. For a majority of this cohort their age and maturity allow for them to take great artistic risks and take on increasingly more diverse and complex mediums and technical skills. Our students in this cohort are exposed to a wide variety of media techniques. In hand, we hope to foster a growing self-confidence in their ability to express themselves and to grow creatively.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
- Grasp fundamentals of Shape, Line, Shadow, Depth through a series of still life studies and technical exercises. Pen, pencil, and dark chalk on paper, the student is given a greater independence over content and expression.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in technical execution, introduction to rich tradition of reasoned and positive criticism and critique to foster a larger perspective.
- Exploring the medium of watercolour and acrylic painting on paper and canvas media, as well forays into mixed media projects.
- Deeper exposure to more formal art traditions and practices appropriate for the age and grade level of the student.
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Classes can be on Mondays through Saturdays, depending on student’s schedule